okra

hi all, i bet we are the only group glad to see the rain,

i have tried to grow okra in a green house and on the lotty no luck any advise also some people say it is hot and others say the taste is like coffee

as i have never had any cannot comment.

Reply to
mrs nad

You need to give more information, it is impossible to guess why your okra didn't grow well knowing nothing about the circumstances.

Where are you? What is your summer like? When did you try to grow it? What did you plant it in? How much sun did it get? What happened when you tried?

also some people say it is hot and others say the taste

Okra is neither hot nor tasting like coffee, both of these descriptions are way, way off target. It is fairly bland and mucilaginous and faintly nutty when fried but really doesn't taste like anything but itself.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Bees for Pollenation perhaps?

I love okra! Like David said, neither hot nor like coffee. Unless you add lots of good old cajun hot spices to it. To me its like squash, it's bland, it's all about the spices when cooking.

Reply to
Dan L.

Very curious to see how this ends ;O) Do think Mrs. Nad is into movies, wink, wink, nudge, nudge Does she, . GO?

Well, I didn't think so. So, back to watching the grass grow.

Reply to
Billy

I wonder if the weather varies from city to city in england? And NO!, she is not related to me! Nad is just my alter ego... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide is your alter ego? I don't think people are going to believe it ;o) You may want to keep the scissors handy, just in case. I'll go find my Basil Fawlty Repair Manual.

Reply to
Billy