oil for hedge clippers

Do I need to oil the blades of my electric hedge clippers? Will common household oil do? ... like sewing machine oil? TIA Lobo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Delete the obvious to reply to me personally. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get out the owners manual and read.
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:40:38 -0700, "Lobo"

I have no idea where the owner's manual is or I wouldn't be asking. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lobo - ignore the previous Gronks reply --- Generally you should keep the blades lubricated - as they pass over each other touching - they can wear down prematurly if not lubricated - a few drops of Engine oil ( same as used in your car ) will do the trick. or spray some wd40 on the blades before and after use to maxamise life
Boc

Sewing machine oil will do fine.
Also you can clean all the pitch and sap off the blades with any strongly alkaline cleaner. Oven cleaner works very well, just stand the clipper up so it does not run into the motor and rinse well in an hour. You (unplug the cord first) can move the cutters along by using a nail to turn the motor fan through the cooling slots until they are open and not overlapped.
In my sharpening shop I prelube all resharpened trimmers with bar and chain oil cut in half with kerosene, and it works very well.
Tom, Daily Grind Sharpening Service