Oil Concentrate?

I purchased Hi-Yield grass killer to put a damper on the bermuda grass starting up in my fescue lawn. The application instructions says to use 1 oz of the grass killer with 1 oz of oil concentrate. It doesn't specify what the oil concentrate is. I suspect the oil is for making sure the grass killer attaches to the grass leaves; sort a like using dish soap within liquid weed sprays. Anyway, what to use for oil concentrate? Mineral oil, motor oil (grin), vegetable oil, or what?
Appreciate your insight,
Thunder
Rolling Thunder < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.us sez:
"I purchased Hi-Yield grass killer to put a damper on the bermuda grass
starting up in my fescue lawn. The application instructions says to use 1 oz of the grass killer with 1 oz of oil concentrate. It doesn't specify what the oil concentrate is. I suspect the oil is for making sure the grass killer attaches to the grass leaves; sort a like using dish soap within liquid weed sprays. Anyway, what to use for oil concentrate? Mineral oil, motor oil (grin), vegetable oil, or what?"
Forget it, Pal. Nothing will remove bermuda from fescue without killing the fescue, too.
Your friend, Betty
On 7 Aug 2005 12:12:15 -0700, "Betty Harris"

I thought so too but this is suppose to be relatively new and does specify killing bermuda grass without killing ornamentals and non summer grasses. So I'm giving it a try.
In any case, does anyone know what oil to use with the weed killer?
Thunder
Well, certainly let us know if it works! I tried killing bermuda out of St Augustine and considering how weak the St A is, it died much sooner and for much longer than the Bermuda ever did!
I know you can buy Neem Oil concentrate at some garden centers and over the internet...
sez:

Humm, my understanding Neem Oil is useful for Japanese Beatles. Should have used it this year as the beatles were the worst ever this year.
I'll let ya know. I found out that the oil concentrate is to help the grass absorb the chemical. I used dish liquid soap instead. I put some down a couple days ago. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
Thunder

Yea, I sure hate it when those little mopheaded beatles eat my roses!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

They especially liked the yellow roses and the peach trees.

Whoooosh! <G>
They're beetles, not Beatles.......
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Just showed my aga, I guess. Come on Lucy!
On 7 Aug 2005 12:12:15 -0700, "Betty Harris"

Well Betty, I now beg to differ. It appears to be working. A week after applying the Hi-Yield the bermuda grass is dying and the fescue is chuggin' along. Same story with a neighbor. He tried it and the benightedness leaves are dead. It may be still a little early to be conclusive but the results are very favorable.
Your friend,
Thunder