OH NO... my bulbs are coming up!!

I planted hundreds of various bulbs and the Crocus and Daffodil bulbs are coming up... I'm in zone 5... some are 2 to 3 inches already.. am I out of luck here?
Thanks!!

Nah....they'll be fine. That happened to mine over the years - mostly the ones which were near the foundation of the house because it was warmer. I'm in Rochester NY (zone 5 or 6, depending on who you believe and your precise location). The bulbs always survived. Winter's returning today. They'll get the message.

Well, not the Crocus anyway. Those things push up through the snow sometimes. The daffodils might be short lived I think but the bulbs will remain and do their thing. Much may depend on their location as to how soon they come up.
Yeah sure, Fredo. They caught you napping again.
Don't you know that its one of the signs of the impending apocalypse?!!!!!!!!
Take a chill pill, dude.
Since you've just planted them, you probably don't know that they do it every year.

Mine too. Here in E. Tennessee we've had temperatures in the 70s for the past two weeks. Tomorrow it may dip to the 20's. My daffodils have pushed up leaves 3-4 inches. Who knows? We may not have flowers this year, but it won't kill the plant. These are tough.
what part of Eastern Tennessee, Phish? madgardener who lives just a mile from I-40 going towards Newport herself...............................

We're in central NC and I understand that they'll survive but may not bloom this spring. Hey, I'm a Vikings fan - our mantra is "Next year for sure!"
MAC

Today I noticed Crocus ancyrensis is in full fat yellow bud, despite that the last week or so has had such cold nights into the 20s & the ground often lightly covered in snow or sleet. There'll now be a whole series of crocuses appearing week by week for a while, one of my favorite periods of serial bloomings.
-paghat the ratgirl