Office plant - ailing?

This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or?

Also anybody know its name?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Possibility pot bound along with poor drainage.

Reply to
Bill who putters

That seems likely to me. I can imagine poking my finger in the soil and finding a marsh.

Plants are also not uniform in how MUCH sun, air, water, and food they require to remain healthy.

PP

Reply to
Peppermint Patootie

fine. Nothing seems out of order, so why is it so, so...weedy?

BTW: Does anybody know the name of the plant?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Sigh! I wish somebody would ID this plant...

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Sigh! I wish somebody would ID this plant...

HB =====

Looks like a Nematanthus to me.

Reply to
Nelly

No can do.

It looks woody. A bush or tree?

Perhaps with better pictures? Closeups on the leaf arrangement. A closeup of a leaf. Does it ever flower?

Reply to
despen

=====

Or, possibly Columnea. But whatever it is, if you're fertilizing it, you should stop now. This is much what my Nematanthus looked like after planting it in a mix with too much tri-phos.

Reply to
Nelly