Off Topic those damn Iranians

Thirteen Dead last I heard. Tragic shooting their own people.
<http://www.antiwar.com/orig/polner.php?articleid 56>
Bill who wonders if Kent State will ever make the news in the next year as a counter point.
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."

The movie "Frost/Nixon" is equally instructive for high crimes and misdemeanors.
--

- Billy

WACO Texas....
In article

It's still important.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege
--

- Billy

In article

You know, there was a time, just after Timothy McVeigh, that "collateral damage" was a bad thing. Now it seems to be the coin of the realm.
--

- Billy

In article

Blow Back
<(Amazon.com product link shortened) 805075593/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid45967334&sr=1-1>
Reap what we sow lingers .
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."

- Billy

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:07:49 -0400, Bill who putters

What?? WHAT???? Chalmers Johnson? You subversive, liberal loon....you been smokin' turnip greens again, you eco fringe commie pinko leftie!!!
You need to take a gramme, Billoon.
Charlie
"When the individual feels, the community reels." - Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 6

Depends on what you want to accomplish. If we want to keep the military-industrial complex happy, we need to keep stirring up the hornet's nests like the World Bank does with "economic restructuring" (cutting health care, education, wages, and privatizing public assets, like we are doing now in America), or when our leaders cause dozens, hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands of innocents (collateral damage) to be killed with indiscriminate missile and bomb attacks.
If we want peace, we assist in delivering clean water, and stop undercutting third world farmers with our cheap subsidized grains. We could cut our military budget in half (to a quarter of the world's military expenditures) and have money left over for "First World" health care, education, and maybe real increases in income for the bottom quintile for the first time in 30 years.
But there isn't much money in Peace, just like there isn't any money in crop rotation.
The Iranians and ourselves (and most countries) have one thing in common, for all our pretense, our governments are oligarchies, not democracies.
--

- Billy

In article

We were Warned in 1961 by a Republican.
Bill who will do only garden posts from now on "Trust Me" .
<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

<http://www.nationalinterest.org/Article.aspx?id 618>
--