Off Topic One hell of a flash back On Growing though

Got me shuffling through my library and brought a nod. Seems my garden reflects or is inspired by this in away. Holding up a flower as mentioned in the Youtube taste resonates.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I read the industrial economy should be sued for deceptive advertising. They are always promising satisfaction but the satisfaction barely survives the purchase. In a sort time there is a new version and our lod satisfaction turns to dissatisfaction. This has never happened to me in the agrarian economy, with a tomato or an ear of corn. I may find one that satisfies me more, but I'm still happy with the one I liked before.

Let's hear it for "Flower Power".

Reply to
Billy

The agony in the garden.

William  Blake

For I dance And drink & sing; Till some blind hand Shall brush my wing

Bill who kills every day in the garden encourages rot and hopefully rebirth. Waxing.

Reply to
Bill

Pinko Doper! Ya' prolly gots big old pink and yellow daisys painted all over yer bus and burn incense all the time. Berkie wearin' back-to-the-lander californicator. Probably listen to the Dead also.

I'm about three days out from the first "real" 'mater. Italian Heirloom, that's the name, and it is an Italian Heirloom. Looks like it should go about a pound.

BTW...we were and are still right and will continue to be right.

Later, alte menschen

Reply to
Charlie

That effing disturbs me, Bill. Interesting. Thanks. Thinking.

Again, thanks for the mental workout.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Damn, and yet we must settle for third best. Language.

Thank you, Teacher. Moyers and Campbell and one fine interview.

An experience of being alive, the ultimate mystery of being....

Tough stuff, Bill. Sounds easy, yet.......

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Aux armes, citoyens... To arms, citizens... Form your battalions! Let's march, let's march! May a tainted blood Soak our furrows! Aux armes, citoyens... To arms, citizens... Let us form our battalions! Let us march, let us march! May their tainted blood Soak our furrows! What does this horde of slaves, Of traitors and conspirating kings want? For whom these vile chains These long-prepared irons?

(repeat)

Frenchmen, for us, ah! What an insult, What fury it must arouse! It is us they dare plan To return to the old slavery! Aux armes, citoyens... To arms, citizens... What! These foreign cohorts! Would rule our homes! What! These mercenary phalanxes Would cut down our proud warriors!

(repeat)

Good Lord! By chained hands Our fronts would yield under the yoke The vile despots would become The masters of our destinies! Aux armes, citoyens... To arms, citizens... Tremble, tyrants and traitors The shame of all good men Tremble! Your parricidal schemes Will receive their just reward!

(repeat)

Against you, we are all soldiers If our young heroes fall, The earth will bear new ones, Ready to join the fight against you! Aux armes, citoyens... To arms, citizens... Frenchmen, as magnanimous warriors, Bear or hold back your blows! Spare these sad victims Armed against us against their will

(repeat)

But not these blood-thirsty despots These accomplices of Bouille All these tigers who mercilessly Ripped out their mother's breast! Aux armes, citoyens... To arms, citizens... Sacred patriotic love, Lead and support our avenging arms Liberty, cherished liberty, Fight back with your defenders!

(repeat)

Under our flags, let victory Hurry to your manly tone, So that our enemies, in their last breath, See your triumph and our glory! Aux armes, citoyens... To arms, citizens...

We shall enter the career When our elders are no longer there There we shall find their dust And the mark of their virtues

(repeat)

Much less keen to survive them As to share their coffins, We shall have the sublime pride Of avenging or following them! Aux armes, citoyens... To arms, citizens...

- La Marseillaise

My 'maters are probably three weeks away.

Reply to
Billy