Off topic Crazy trespass stuff

Sort of thought of this land is my land this land is your land.

Tragic.

Guess from Salon.

...................... Ohio man who killed lawn walker commits suicide

Aug 8th, 2009 | LEBANON, Ohio -- An Ohio man convicted of killing his

15-year-old neighbor because he walked on the man's well-kept lawn has committed suicide in prison.

Ohio prison officials say 69-year-old Charles Martin killed himself Friday at the Lebanon Correctional Institution in southwest Ohio.

The Department of Rehabilitation and Correction did not say how Martin died. He had been sentenced to serve 18 years in prison before he could be considered for parole.

Martin had pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to shooting Larry Mugrage Jr. to death with a shotgun in March 2006. Jurors rejected that argument and convicted him.

At sentencing, Martin said he was sorry the shooting occurred. But he said the teenager knew how much he cared for his lawn and provoked him.

Reply to
Bill who putters

But heaven forbid the govt should try to control, e.g. those gun shows where any maniac can buy AK47s and similar war weapons. Our pussy govt. just had to admit that the devastating Mexican border wars going on right now acquire most of their weapons from the good old U.S.A. Every day there's another report of some nut walking into a store or temple or other public venue and spraying the place with bullets, murdering innocent people. Dunno - who are we to preach to the world about terrorism???

Reply to
Higgs Boson

He shot the kid with a single shot .410 shot gun. The smallest shot gun made, and not a war weapon. The kid wasn't innocent, he knew the old guy was tweaked about his lawn and walked on it repeatedly. So did his parents. I'm not defending the murder of an unarmed and stupid teenager, but guns and gun laws had very little to do with it. Lack of parenting and respect for others property, the arrogance of youth, combined with mental illness had everything to do with it. FWIW if a tweaked old man threatens to shoot you with a shot gun if you don't quit walking on his lawn, don't laugh, cuss at him and tell to "just try it". Our society murdered Martin just as surely as Martin murdered the boy.

We'll need those guns and bullets as we transition into whatever thieving rich get richer system seeks to replace capitalism in the US. Couple of tweaked old men with .410s placed at the doors of democratic town hall meetings might calm things down and allow debate to proceed.

Reply to
Rick

That's a pretty good rant. It made no sense whatsoever, and the part about the Mexican border was just plain wrong*, but it was entertaining so I give it a "6". (anyone else wanna vote?)

*Not entirely your fault, you just repeated the lies told by our illustrious Secretary of State and others.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

On the other hand, when is the last time you heard of a "drive by" stabbing? The more guns there are, the more, bigger guns you need to protect yourself, so the reasoning goes. Unfortunately, the plutocrats who run this "kleptocracy" have changed my mind on gun control. Not that any of us would stand a chance when Blackwater comes calling at 3 AM.

Reply to
Billy

Yes, and....?

Obvious paste. See "Guess" from above.

My comments follow here. If he'd been in Texas and tied a steer to the young man's hand after the shootin', he'd been exonerated. (dadburn cattle rustler). Yep, I'm striring stuff up too. Must be one of them trouble-makin' Tea Party fellas (sic).

Reply to
Grasshopper

Every room in my house has a weapon. Most double as Japanese gardening tools the rest swords for play. Some just bamboo lengths. I practice every day on using them in a efficient manner.

Bill described as gentle yet a strike in .02 or .03 still worked at daily.

I like to use these principles in dancing. Better to yield fer sure.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Guns ands shooting brings out the best in us. Guess.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

My wife said my room "was" a weapon. I had to clean it up. One more chink in our defensive perimeter.

Eskrima?

If you ever get a chance to watch Ali box, notice his right foot when he throws a punch. He pushes off his right toes to get his hip around quickly.

Oh, happy day, while watering my mostly identified herbs, I discovered another stevia sulking down behind the stinging nettle. Moved it across the yard next to my other stevia. Now there is a real chance of having little stevias running all around the yard;O)

Reply to
Billy

Billy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c-61-68-245-199.per.connect.net.a u:

not really true, Billy. the Revolution was won more by stealth & courage than by guns. the Revolutionary Army of the new world actually had more farm implements than guns & was among the first to practice guerrilla warfare. the British had trouble adapting to such tactics as firing from behind rock walls & trees, rather than standing & firing in ranks. it's really not the power of the weapon (since i doubt the government is stupid enough to use nuclear weapons on the disenfranchised), but the power of conviction.

now, if we could get the masses off their bread & circuses to see what they can do, we'd get somewhere. with or without the "government" lee

Reply to
enigma

Fer sure, guns ain't the answer, but they appear to be the fall back position for the government, which is shifting to private detention centers, and private armies for those who aren't sufficiently mesmerized by the opiates of the masses, when they clock out from the treadmill of the daily grind.

Meanwhile,"more than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East"

two-thirds of Americans say they want investigations into the role of Bush administration officials in torture, warrantless wiretapping and the politicization of the Justice Department. 40 percent of respondents said they want to see prosecutions.

Bailed-Out Banks Spent $32B in Bonuses in 2008
in every 100 Americans in jail
't get me wrong, it's nice to have an articulate and intelligent person at the helm of state again, but for all the populist talk, it doesn't look like our course is changing.

Reply to
Billy

Except that ready access to a gun makes it _so_ much easier for nutters to do something leathal when they snap. The alternative is a lot of yelling and frothing at the mouth and sometimes swinging a kitchen knife or shovel. Sure you can kill somebody with a kitchen knife but its so much easier easier with a gun.

Youth has always thumbed its nose a authority, shown disrespect and raised the ire of their elders: this is nothing new. Sure the mental health of the perpetrator and the flaws of society at large bear most of the blame for the cause but if it wasn't for the convenient gun his chance of doing real harm would have been so much less. This argument that because there are other causes, that having a gun is not the primary cause, is very weak once you look at the whole process not just the causes.

A dark prediction and a darker solution.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Read about the Battle of Athens (1946). It was not what (or where) you might expect.

zxcvbob

Billy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c-61-68-245-199.per.connect.net.a u:

if you think *anyone* can change 8 years of regression is 6 months, you must have thought you elected Superman. you are being unfair & totally unrealistic. also, a President can *suggest* laws and policy, but Congress has to write it & pass it. Pelosi is obfusicating & dithering. she's a DINO, a Bush flunkie in a Democrat wrapper. i believe she's from your state, so you really should work at getting someone with a brain into her office, instead of blaming the president for the branch of government he doesn't control. lee

Reply to
enigma

I'm getting a head ache. A good sign I guess.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

Nature's natural defense to politics ;O) Feeling kinda sad that the gardening is about over. Everything is in place and doing whatever it is gonna do. Not much for the gardener to do now, but water and wait to do clean up.

Reply to
Billy

What is the color of the sky on your planet? The Mexican/US connection of firearms has been debunked for months, the gunshow crap is just that, and the mass murders? More die on the highways.

Nice spin there, tho.

But heaven forbid the govt should try to control, e.g. those gun shows where any maniac can buy AK47s and similar war weapons. Our pussy govt. just had to admit that the devastating Mexican border wars going on right now acquire most of their weapons from the good old U.S.A. Every day there's another report of some nut walking into a store or temple or other public venue and spraying the place with bullets, murdering innocent people. Dunno - who are we to preach to the world about terrorism???

Reply to
D. Staples

Red Guitars 5:22 Erik Wøllo Blue Sky, Red Guitars New Age AAC audio file 100 45 8/9/09 5:37 PM 2004

Good to spin on your hard drive.

Bill who wonders why the death of a 15 year old and a suicide illicits no compassion. Guess not one of yours.

Reply to
Bill who putters

D. Staples calls himself a forester, and clear cutting, "restoration".

Reply to
Billy