Off/Generic Herbicide Brands?

Are any generic or non-Roundup brand herbicides effective? I would figure if they have the same amount of Glyphosate, why not? But maybe some of you have had some experience...
bthiede wrote:

Glyphosates should be the same regardless of brand. I haven't noticed any difference between Round-Up and "non-Round-Up" glyphosate, other than price of course. I usually compare price with concentration and buy what's cheapest.
Andrew wrote:

That's what I would think. Anyone have any experience with "Hi Yield Kill Zall"? They sell that for pretty cheap at www.cooperseeds.com
The only difference may be in additives such as sicker-spreaders or other non-actives. I buy the generic and add some cheap sticker-spreader.
Andrew wrote:

This may sound stupid but whats a sticker spreader? McGerm wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@cebridge.net says...

An additive that keeps the spray from beading up and rolling off the plant. Often just a mild detergent to break the surface tension of the water-based spray.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/

the period before cutting/mowing is usually a few days longer for the generic than roundup that I have seen. Still works the same however.
rob