Off/Generic Herbicide Brands?

the period before cutting/mowing is usually a few days longer for the generic than roundup that I have seen. Still works the same however.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Are any generic or non-Roundup brand herbicides effective? I would figure if they have the same amount of Glyphosate, why not? But maybe some of you have had some experience...

Reply to
bthiede

Glyphosates should be the same regardless of brand. I haven't noticed any difference between Round-Up and "non-Round-Up" glyphosate, other than price of course. I usually compare price with concentration and buy what's cheapest.

Reply to
Andrew

That's what I would think. Anyone have any experience with "Hi Yield Kill Zall"? They sell that for pretty cheap at

bthiede

The only difference may be in additives such as sicker-spreaders or other non-actives. I buy the generic and add some cheap sticker-spreader.

Andrew wrote:

Reply to
McGerm

Reply to
blumby

An additive that keeps the spray from beading up and rolling off the plant. Often just a mild detergent to break the surface tension of the water-based spray.

Reply to
Joshua Putnam