O/T Birds Falling Dead From Sky ???

It seems that huge amounts of birds are falling dead from the sky world wide. Fish are also dying now in huge numbers all around the world. What the heck is going on? Seems like it started with the honey bees dying off and then went to bats and now this dreadful news. As gardeners we should all be concerned. Without the help from our avian friends, the insect population could explode. We really need the help of good pollinators like the bees and we need birds and bats also to keep harmful insects in check!

Rich

Reply to
EVP MAN

or

Bill who putters

Uh-oh.

Reply to
Billy

Billy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c-61-68-245-199.per.connect.net.au:

No doubt, the earth would be better for it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve.IA

Much better. I just wish I could be left out of it. Passenger pigeons used to "blacken the skies" in the East. It was unthinkable that they would ever become extinct.

If you haven't read it, you might try

The World Without Us (Paperback) by Alan Weisman

A real page turner in the same league as "Guns, Germs, and Steel".

(Available from better libraries near you, at least until the Republicans, with help from the "Blue Dog" Democrats, close them.)

Reply to
Billy

they are busy trying to clone a mastodon. they probably got the material to clone passenger pigeons they should start there ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Reply to
dr-solo

Chris

In Sonoma County, the starling came "loop dee loop" out of a vineyard where they had been grazing on the grapes that missed being harvested, drunker than a Shelly-skunk after breakfast, and slammed into a semi truck.

Reply to
Billy