O/T Birds Falling Dead From Sky ???

It seems that huge amounts of birds are falling dead from the sky world wide. Fish are also dying now in huge numbers all around the world. What the heck is going on? Seems like it started with the honey bees dying off and then went to bats and now this dreadful news. As gardeners we should all be concerned. Without the help from our avian friends, the insect population could explode. We really need the help of good pollinators like the bees and we need birds and bats also to keep harmful insects in check!
Rich
Add pictures here
βœ–
White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110107/ap_on_sc/us_sci_dead_wildlife_fact_ch eck
or
http://thurly.net/0kbk
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"Always tell the truth and you don't have to remember anything."
βœ–

" . . . mass die-offs ‹ usually of animals with large populations . . ." Uh-oh.
--
- Billy
βœ–

No doubt, the earth would be better for it.
Steve
--
He's dead, Jim.
You get his wallet; I'll get his tricorder.

Much better. I just wish I could be left out of it. Passenger pigeons used to "blacken the skies" in the East. It was unthinkable that they would ever become extinct.
If you haven't read it, you might try
The World Without Us (Paperback) by Alan Weisman <(Amazon.com product link shortened) _1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid74206221&sr=1-1>
A real page turner in the same league as "Guns, Germs, and Steel".
(Available from better libraries near you, at least until the Republicans, with help from the "Blue Dog" Democrats, close them.)
--
- Billy
βœ–
On Jan 8, 10:54 am, White snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

http://www.nwhc.usgs.gov/mortality_events/ongoing.jsp
Chris
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

In Sonoma County, the starling came "loop dee loop" out of a vineyard where they had been grazing on the grapes that missed being harvested, drunker than a Shelly-skunk after breakfast, and slammed into a semi truck.
--
- Billy
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the