NY Is WET!

Like water off a duck's back. . . .

Brooklyn1

Yes, and she's been crossing off the days. lol

Reply to
Brooklyn1

see much more interesting ducks than mallards if you take a short trip to Jamaica Bay.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Jamaica Bay IS Brooklyn. I know that area intimately... wear a hat lest the gulls shit on your head.

Brooklyn1

the bay. That bird is now completely extinct. When I saw it that bird has just completed a migration from Europe. A big white bird with a droopy beak.

Beautiful to look at.

Reply to
despen

Having did my doctoral research on tern reproductive success in the NYC area, I can only concur- except that most of Jamaica Bay National Wildlife Area lies within Queens county.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Do you really believe that wildlife observes man made geographical borders? Actually that entire area is geographically part of Long Island. Long before that area was sanctioned by Congress (1972) it was my childhood playground, I roamed it all freely by foot and bicycle. In 1950 a seven year old could safely travel all of NYC and LI alone, day and night.

Brooklyn1

imagine. The question was not what the birds see. I also grew up on Long Island (in Queens) and rode and hiked all over as a kid.

And yes, Jamaica Bay- most of it- lies mainly in Queens County.

Chris

Reply to
Chris