NY Is WET!

Like water off a duck's back. . . .
http://i55.tinypic.com/zl3yo3.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/211o2fd.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/2yuyog6.jpg
Add pictures here
✖
On May 17, 6:49 am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

Calender? Are you holding the cat hostage? :)
Add pictures here
✖

Yes, and she's been crossing off the days. lol
Add pictures here
✖
On May 17, 6:49 am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

Nice to have waterfowl in your yard, but if you're in Brooklyn you can see much more interesting ducks than mallards if you take a short trip to Jamaica Bay.
Chris
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 17 May 2011 14:26:30 -0700 (PDT), Chris

Jamaica Bay IS Brooklyn. I know that area intimately... wear a hat lest the gulls shit on your head. http://www.brooklynbirdclub.org/jamaica.htm
Add pictures here
✖
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> writes:

Last time I was in Jamaica Bay I saw a big white bird land right next to the bay. That bird is now completely extinct. When I saw it that bird has just completed a migration from Europe. A big white bird with a droopy beak.
Beautiful to look at.
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
✖
On May 17, 7:30 pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

Having did my doctoral research on tern reproductive success in the NYC area, I can only concur- except that most of Jamaica Bay National Wildlife Area lies within Queens county. Chris
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 17 May 2011 20:09:32 -0700 (PDT), Chris

Do you really believe that wildlife observes man made geographical borders? Actually that entire area is geographically part of Long Island. Long before that area was sanctioned by Congress (1972) it was my childhood playground, I roamed it all freely by foot and bicycle. In 1950 a seven year old could safely travel all of NYC and LI alone, day and night. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway_National_Recreation_Area
Add pictures here
✖
On May 18, 9:30 am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

What that has to do with the location of Jamaica Bay, I cannot imagine. The question was not what the birds see. I also grew up on Long Island (in Queens) and rode and hiked all over as a kid.
And yes, Jamaica Bay- most of it- lies mainly in Queens County. Chris
Add pictures here
✖