November

It's been really warm this winter and now some of the bulbs that I planted in October are emerging now (November 22nd) is this going to kill them if winter ever shows up in earnest?
Zone 4 Minneapolis
Mine do this every year but it is mostly the dutch iris. They have enough self preservation not to bloom but the green gets pretty ragged looking by March or April when they finally do bloom.
I have seen others complaining about it on this group. Unless you actually see buds forming, I don't think you have to worry about it.
Sterling
Andy MPLS 44:59:56 N - 93:19:3.018 W wrote:

Sterling Mine do this every year but it is mostly the dutch iris. The
have enough self preservation not to bloom but the green gets pretty ragged looking by March or April when they finally do bloom.
I have seen others complaining about it on this group. Unless you actually see buds forming, I don't think you have to worry about it.
Sterling
Andy MPLS 44:59:56 N - 93:19:3.018 W wrote: It's been really warm this winter and now some of the bulbs that I planted in October are emerging now (November 22nd) is this going to kill them if winter ever shows up in earnest?
Zone 4 Minneapolis
sometimes bulbs get themselves messed around as per what the seaso really is but i have never had a problem with tulips or things tha flower in the spring even if they have some growth on them. the mai thing is to provide them with some kind of mulch to protect the especially if they have started growing. here is a link that might hel u. good luck sockiescat.
http://tinyurl.com/8esy
-- sockiescat
Thanks for giving me hope. I'd dug up a large portion of my front, and really am looking forward to spring. If it all comes up, it should be tremendous.