Not blue-eyed grass (iris) ??

I did research, and the best ID I could come up with was a variety of Sisyrinchium Iridaceae (Iris Family)
they just started blooming this week in central NY ( zone 5) key item is a seed pod ( called fruit) with three lobes and three seeds
http://www.geocities.com/scorman/pics/Flowers/sm1265.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/scorman/pics/Flowers/sm1271.jpg
Someone has speculated that this is more in a lily family as the flowers are more bell shaped and point down.
BTW, these are a real spring gem with bright blue that lasts for weeks just as the yellow dafs are starting to open
Any links would be appreciated in confirming the ID. TIA, Stew Corman from sunny Endicott
Nope, not of the Iris group at all, those come from Bulbs not rhizomes. I've seen them in plant catalogs, just can't remember their name, they can't be grown out here in the Desert.

Some irises, such as reticulated irises, are bulbous.

They're Siberian scilla.
-paggers

http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Who says? The Iridaceae includes various genera with rhizomes, bulbs or corms.
That's not why the plant is not a member of the Iridaceae.
The flowers look nothing like Sisyrinchum.

Count your floral parts more carefully next time.
Its Scilla siberica of the family Hyacinthaceae.

thanks to all ..I had looked up scilla , but couldn't find a good match ...you kind people hit the nail on the head
http://www.hort.wisc.edu/mastergardener/Features/bulbs/scilla%20siberica/scilla%20sibirica.htm
Stew Corman from sunny Endicott