Northeast US and Hibiscus

I have a hibiscus plant that was doing poorly inside. It's leaves were yellowing and falling off. In the early summer, I put it outside, kept it watered and fertilized it once a month. It flourished. You'd never know it was the same plant. Now I need to bring it in soon for the winter and wondered what process to go through to acclimate it to being inside.
Also, I'd like to start off on the right foot and make sure its growing environment is optimal. I have south, west and north windows to chose from. Should I stop fertilizing it?
Thanks for the help.
Charles
It's not unusual for hibiscus to drop quite a few leaves (as in "most of its leaves") when moved indoors. The difference in available light is apparently pretty shocking to the plant. I would say to cut down significantly on watering once you move it indoors.- and put it somewhere with a sheet or something else under it to catch all the leaves that will fall off of it for the first few weeks. It probably will look ratty until after Christmas, then with increasing light it might begin to tentatively push out some new leaves. If and when it does, you could increase watering a little bit and give it some light fertilizer.

If you have enough light it will grow all year long indoors. When they drop their leaves is when I take cuttings to root.