North facing garden

I live in the South East of England, and my front garden, is nort
facing and mostly in shade - thanks to the house! I want to plant a smallish tree in it, say about 6 - 7 ft from th house, preferably one with attaractive flowering, such as a clematis What would be the best one to go for
-- wme69

I'd look at Stewardia.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1 & q=stewartia&spell=1
Have fun!
Bill
--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Clematis is a vine, not a tree. It needs sun to grow and bloom.