No-sun foundation plantings for new home

Hi all -- I just relocated from the DC area to a brand-new home in Richmond, VA (USDA Zone 7). There are no foundation plantings around this house and I'd like to put some in when spring comes. However, the front of the house faces north and gets no sun at all except at the fence line. Can anyone give me some suggestions for foundation plantings that can tolerate full shade? I'd like to put in some shrubs or something to decorate the front of the house but I'm stumped as to anything substantial that might grow at least 3' tall without some sun. The only planting in the front yard as of now is a 15' magnolia tree.
Thanks in advance!
Rhonda Richmond, VA Zone 7
I don't have much time but you may want to check out this list of shade loving plants for Zone 7. I found it at www.monrovia.com. http://www.monrovia.com/PlantInf.nsf/All+Plants?SearchView&Query =(FIELD+ATTRIBUTES+CONTAINS+Shade+Loving)+AND+(FIELD+CZoneHigh=(7,8,9,10,11))+AND+(FIELD+CZoneLow=(1,2,3,4,5,6,7))

I would think lots of ferns would fit this decription. I'm not sure how many are evergreen in your area, but there must be at least some.
Acuba japonica and all its lovely cultivars Buxus sempervirens all its lovely cultivars Cephelotaxus harringtonia and all its lovely cultivars Euonymus alatus a.a.i.l.c. Ilex cornuta Ilex crenata Nandinas Pieris japonica all the Taxus...
-- David J. Bockman, Fairfax, VA (USDA Hardiness Zone 7) email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com http://beyondgardening.com/Albums