newly planted dual pear trees

i have two dual pear trees planted last autumn now the trees have many branch runners , branches from lower part to top , i am not sure whether i need to prune these back please can you advise.
--
ianmckenna

ianmckenna wrote:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/857 /
ianmckenna wrote:

I am not sure what yopu mean by a dual pear tree. Is it where two types of fruiting wood are grafted on to the same root stock?
Where exactly are these "runners" coming from? Are we talking about from the roots, below the bud union with the root stock, above the bud union or somewhere else?
David