Newbie questions about pruning privet hedge

Page 4 of 5
With what, doughnuts?
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

No, with your anal obsessive/compulsive behavior.

Don Staples, you got your messages mixed up. I did not ask you what you consider yourself I asked Jangclub.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

With socialization. You are a doughnut with problems.

Again I want to make it perfectly clear, lucid, I am into "non-violent direct action". I will settle for no less.
I think you are one of those people that hate trees as well as their associates. See this is a gardening news group. Don't they have a news group for people like yourself? What is your goal here? What is you objective? What are you and what is your topic. Why are you talking to me? Pruning woody plants, i.e., plants made up of mostly cellulose that compartmentalize and seal pruning wounds if desired, and done correctly was the topic. What is going through you mind? Why are you hear? What is your purpose or need their of? You babble and so does Don Staples.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Um, I think if you think about it for a second I have given plenty of helpful replies to people without self promotion of my website, as you have. I don't answer questions with non- sequiturs as you do, constantly. I have plants on my property approximately ten trees and this is a property which is half acre and had three old growth, climax live oaks which are numbered and registered with the county. If I cut them down there is a ten thousand dollar fine per tree.
I have a complete understanding of what a fungal mat is, as well as a rhizophere, which has nothing to do with minor weeds found in mulch. I have read books written by everyone from Ruth Stout and Sara Stein, to Dirr and never once have I found any of these experienced professionals blather on about what you seem to blather on about.
We GET it. You have a website. You love yourself. You love your "scientific" findings. You are a tree surgeon. Great. However, many of the times you reply, it has NOTHING to do with the question.
I also believe in non-violence. I am not violent myself. Not even toward an insect. I know how to prune trees, I sent photos to you and you ignored them. I showed you the "donut" growing inward over the properly cut limb outside the tree collar.
Shush up already. Go find a tree newsgroup because nothing you post here has anything to do with gardening.
<snip several paragraphs of highly relevant and intelligent discussion which gets straight to the heart of the symplantless matter>

... and the crowd erupted in cheers!

Why not get together and dissect some of your doughnuts. Your wounds were big and I was not sure of them. My ignorance. I would have to dissect like I did with the peach tree.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Why would I dissect my trees donuts? What would be the point? The trees are as healthy as can be. If they decline it will be due to the way they were impacted during the building of my house 8 years ago. It takes a while for a live oak to show decline.

You will never understand compartmentalization and CODIT unless you dissect trees. When you dissect the sample we will both see the result of your treatment (access) and then better understand trees.
The

What do you consider a healthy trees?
If they decline it will be due to the

I have dissected many live oaks in transverse, radial and tangential view.
Sometime maybe we could dissect some trees together.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

What? Well, trees which do what they are supposed to do at the proper time of year, which can tolerate levels outside their comfort zone and which do not show a display of compensatory growth.

What's your sign?

Dead end?
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:22:16 -0500, "D. Staples"

But it was clever, no?

Yup, gotta have some humor.
ct.net.au:

indeed! i just had my woods (@ 40 acres) harvested. it worked like this: i called one company. the guy comes in, looks at the woods from the driveway & says: "I can get you $10,000. from that" i call a second company. they send out their forester he & i take a walk through the woods. i point out some things i see. he points out some overcrowding & disease issues. we talk about wildlife habitat & interesting species of trees & animals/birds we would like to encourage. he goes back to his office & writes up a detailed proposal, explaining three different methods of harvest & their enviromental impact, which says somewhere near the end that timber value is likely to be between $7,000 to $9,000. i hire him & his logger to do the harvest, using the proposal with the least impact but the most advantage for wildlife habitat. then i wait for the ground to freeze or snow to fall. can't cut in my woods unless it's frozen, as i have very wet soil & it would damage the tree roots except when frozen & preferably with a good foot or more of snow cover. i wait over one whole open warm winter, through the summer, & in December this year (just before my EPA & state permits expired) it snowed. a lot. and they came & cut the trees. several times during the process the forester came out & we went through the woods so he could show me & explain what was going on. i added a few trees i thought should go (white pine!) even though they were useless even as pulp. we discussed leaving a few dead snags as bird/bug hotels, a very old maple that's just a really cool looking huge old tree, etc. i'm very pleased with the results. i have a large number of veneer maple that will be ready to harvest in 12 more years (marked so i don't tap them for syrup) & an ideal habitat for turkey, deer & my endangered Blanding's turtles. *that* is what a forester does. lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

I am working on the three day deal. Your comments will be taken into consideration.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Well i certainly doubt "wanting to help" explains persistent irrational claims of expertise. If someone pretends to be a doctor and attempts to give medical advice, that's overtly harmful and dangerous, also crazy if the chap believes he's really a doctor. So too giving oneself all sorts of biology and arborist and forestry titles without any license or education to back that up is just a tad loony.
So I rather suspect a mental disorder born of justifiably low self esteem having given rise to a desire to be regarded as "the" expert without the wherewithal to first obtain any expertise. We all tend to feel transiently expert in any topic for which we just finished reading and enjoying one book. The sane don't persist for years and years in advertising such expertise without basis in reality.
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html

I never claimed to be normal, maybe more so in middle age than I'm proud of, but never entirely. But i do find it easy to ignore symptomless's posts. I doubt I read more than one in 1,000 of his bazillion posts, and that one only because I wasn't paying attention to what I was opening. He's been doing this same stuff for years, has been chased away periodically from sundry newsgroups, but always returns, sometimes with amazing paranoid rants a boasts of mightiness in his imaginary realm. There's never anything new so no reason to read it again -- but I greatly enjoy reading peoples' responses, partly so as to be sure everyone already knows not to take the advice seriously (they almost always do know that), but even more because responders are often very witty and one of the cool things about usenet is the comedy.
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html