Newbie questions

Hi, I have just found his newsgroup and I have some newbie questions:
1. How do I bring back a dried out, brown, potted day lily? It's in a plastic pot and I would like to put it with my other two day lilies that are in my small garden plot in front of my front window.
2. I have just bought some iris rhizomes and would like to plant them next to the day lilies. What is the best way to plant them?
3. Got some semi-wilted Japanese blood grass in small 3" pots. They were shipped to me and arrived a bit dried out. I've let them rest a bit after unpacking and have since watered them. I want to put them into a pot and out in the front garden plot until I decide exactly where they're going to go. Will this hurt them?
4. I am also wondering if seeds (morning glory, red sunflower, and a few wildflower seeds) will germinate after being kept in an envelope for about 2 years?
BTW my house is situated front facing north west and back south east (I think) and I have one iris, a deep rust colored one, which was planted years ago and has both naturalised and self seeded to another location (the plot in front of the front window), and a gorgeous huge red amaryllis which started out sprouting in the garage and had ended up naturalised in the front garden plot as 6 plants. I usually let the grass grow up around the iris plants, day lilies, and amaryllis plants (this has saved them from freezing more than once and kept them from drying out as well. I live in south east Texas on the gulf coast.
Any advice or help is greatly appreciated I am more of a throw it in the ground and leave it alone gardener since I am disabled and can't do a lot of puttering.
Shell

water it sparingly until next Spring. If you see signs of green, plant it in the garden. 2. Plant iris rhizomes so that the top of the rhizome is almost at the soil surface. 3. The blood grass might not look great for a while but should be fine in a pot. 4. Don't know about those specific seeds, but many survive for quite a few years. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You might want to start them in peat pots to see if they sprout before going to the trouble of putting them in the ground. Wild flowers - sprinkle them outside in the fall.

put the pots of grass into a bigger pot filled with soil and wet it down, this will protect the grass and give a place for the roots to grow.
I planted seeds from a seed package dated 1924 and the seeds grew just fine.
-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."
Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars
SIAR www.starlords.org Bishop's Car Fund http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com / Freelance Writers Shop http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com Telescope Buyers FAQ http://home.inreach.com/starlord