new thread for basil problem

Sorry to repost but for some reason my message was added to a three year old post with little relation to the original topic??!! Here is my original post:
I am trying to discover what happened to my basil. The plants were about six inches tall when I set them out. I pinched them back before planting. The new leaves were forming at the base of the old leaves and then all new growth vanished. I put out 40 plants the new growth disappeared from all but one. They have since recovered but I am searching to find what could be so voracious that it could devour all of those tiny new leaves. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks
Sally http://www.aneclecticgarden.com
On 14 Aug 2004 19:03:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ashlandhome.net (an eclectic garden) wrote:

Oh, that's just Google indexing by "Subject:" rather than "References:". It looks OK to everyone else. (Sorry I can't help with the basil.)