new pixs

http://community-2.webtv.net/diggerdoug/AndIstartedwiththis/ ---digger
Just to move it up and get a response ---digger

Hi Digger -- I like the result you achieved but I think you glossed over the amount of work involved. You need a few pictures interspersed of you sitting on the ground with bowed head; or with bandaged hand; or with sweat running down your face. I sent a link to your pictures to my son-in-law, maybe he'll bite. Good idea about the tree well. I built a berm 2x4' and 1' high, 6 feet away from the base of a maple tree and the tree was dead in 2 years. Wish I knew about tree wells at that time. Good luck with your project.
WOW How long did it take you to do all that?
Also - on the raised beds you built, are they a but-joint type or?
Thanks, LT
snipped-for-privacy@aol.company.net (Twobtold) wrote in message

Hi Laura As to how long it took me I have no way of knowing as I have several garden rooms that I am working on. So far for the whole garden it has been ten years and it will be done when I die. I enjoy the act of gardening as well as the results so I am in no hurry. I use overlapping joints and each 6x6 landscape timber is pinned by at lest three 12 inch galv. spike ---digger
Thanks but the only pic would have been of me with a grin ear to ear. Yes the tree well has worked out fine so far.----digger
Very nice!
Gloria

Indeed and a lot work. I would of chose to make those raised beds with one or two less courses but that's just me.

Yes indeed, nice but it is a good height to sit on and work the garden but hey thats just me. ------digger
thanks ---digger