New Lawn Tips needed...!

Hello folks:

Need to clear up some shrubbery, small plants and small trees (less than 6 feet) in my backyard, the total area is about 800 to 950 sf. Any tips on how to do this quickly and effortlessly and what tools I'd need to do this?

Ideally, I'd like to clear out the whole area where the shrubbery/plants/small trees exist, and then put in new lawn (fescue) back there.

If you have any tips/suggestions/advice on how to do the above including what tools/soil I'd need to put in a new lawn, please post them here.

(To do the above work, I got few quotes from various landscaping people from $800 to $1500.)

Thanks for your tips. N snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (email) (nl5--> letters 'n','l',number 5)

Reply to
Noel Lewis

Quickly and effortlessly are not words usually associated with clearing an area of brush and trees and preparing a seedbed for a new lawn. As to tools needed, it's hard to tell without seeing exactly what type of trees/brush are involved, but you will most likely need a good saw, a pickax, shovel and tiller. Soil and/or amendments will also depend on existing conditions.

Your landscaping quotes seem entirely reasonable to me. Unless you like this type of work or have serious budget considerations, I'd go with one of them.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal