New Lawn please

Come this summer I intend to reclaim an area of about 5mtr x 20mtr of overgrown and rubbish strewn land. I am going to turn it into a lawn for ease of future maintenence. Has enyone any first hand knowledge of doing this. Or tips on same. Also basic proceadure to accomplish the job. Any help gratefully recieved.
You can E-mail your information if you wish to snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

Why do you think lawn is easy to maintain? You have to mow, water, weed and fertilise it. Lawns are one of the most labour intensive and resource hungry uses of the land.
If you want to save your time turn the area into a low maintenance garden with a range of shrubs, perenials and ground covers, of a suitable size, that suit your soil and climate. If it is well set up (including heavy mulch) you should have very little work to do through the year for many years.

Can't help here but I have considerable experience getting rid of lawn!
David
Seamore wrote:

WHy do you assume a lawn is easy to maintain?
A cheap way to make it look better is to:
1) Get rid of the rubbish.
2) Use some herbacide to kill off everything
3) Get some decent soil from a garden centre
4) Sprinkle lots of three leaf clover seed and rake it well in.
5) Water every day for a couple of months.
This will make a green areas that inhibits weeds and does not need much mowing.
--
Roger Irwin, Piedmonte, Italy