New Lawn How?

I would like to put in a new lawn using sod. But in what order and time should I do the various requirements, i.e. getting rid of the old (how), installing a sprinkler system or any thing else you can think of. Can someone with experience please advise me. Thanks.

Reply to
Jack Allen

I forgot to say that I live in southern New Jersey.

Reply to
Jack Allen

First you need to remove whatever is growing and prep the area. Next the sprinkler system is installed. Finally the new lawn is applied, sod or seeded.

Unless you possess more dollars than brain cells I strongly urge a seeded lawn.

That you asked says you know less than nothing about this lawn topic. I would even more strongly suggest you hire a landscaper that specializes in installing automatic irrigation systems and lawns.

Reply to
Sheldon

Sheldon wrote in news:1188585406.579798.105320 @r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

Better hurry. Labor Day weekend is generally considered THE best weekend to start a new lawn.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"Bob F" wrote in news:v5OdndgbGN7lXkXbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to