NEW gardener

hello and thanks for letting me post here. i am new at gardening and would like to ask a few questions. first, is there a ground cover that looks good hosta, does'nt get to tall...say over 10" tall and grows good in full sun. what are my options. i live in alabama.
thank you
grows good with hosta is what i meant.
sorry
and thanks
What zone are you? 7, 8? You have tons of options because it is full sun, and depending on how much water it gets. Any of the shorter Salvias, verbena (depending on your zone), mint, lavender, hardy prostrate rosemary, (all of these will attract birds and butterflies and are perennial).
ps. you grow your hostas in sun? Ours will only grow in shade. (because of the summer heat).