New formulation for pressure treated lumber

Anybody got any information on the new formulation of pressure treated wood that is made without arsenic?
snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com (Beecrofter) wrote in message

It is my understanding that it is treated or soaked with copper salts. Works well to protect the wood, however you can't use regular galvanized screws or fasteners, ie joist hangers, joiners, hurrican clips, because the copper causes severe electrolysis and corrosion problems with the hardware, I have been warned that the hardware will fail in a short period of time.
You will need to get more information from your supplier or contractor for the construction. Carefully note any hardware requirements on the new treated wood to avoid the above problem.
On 5 Mar 2004 19:25:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@tblake.zzn.com wrote:

About hardware: http://www.naturalselect.com/fasteners.htm
Regards,
Hal
On 5 Mar 2004 10:35:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com (Beecrofter) wrote:

something else, at Lowes they're advised that they now have to "rotate" the lumber, as the new lumber lasts about 4 months. 4 months?? Well apparently the process also has a mold inhibitor and you have to rinse the wood off if it wears off. I asked during the film if this meant the wood "wore out quicker" and was told no, and the new coating was more golden and aged better, it just had to do with the mold inhibitor. Much safer for raised beds with food plants and children on play equipment. madgardener
On 5 Mar 2004 10:35:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com (Beecrofter) wrote:

If you believe the fox in the henhouse: http://www.naturalselect.com/overview.htm
Regards,
Hal