New England Garden Show March 2004

Can anyone tell me about the New England Garden Show March 2004 in Boston? Are there many displays? In prior years, I have been to the Phili Show (amazing - loved it, but very crowded). Just last year, I went to a different garden show, which was advertised as big and spectacular - It wasn't either. So I'm hoping to get an idea of what to expect at the New England show in Boston. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Reply to
Robin

snipped-for-privacy@nysernet.org (Robin) expounded:

I've gone to the New England shows for over 20 years now, some years are good, some years are spectacular, but it's a much smaller show than the Philadelphia show, and with the financial problems Mass Hort has gone through/is going through, the past two years or so have been so/so. It's a right of passage for me, the coming of Spring, my favorite season, so I go.

The president of the society was recently replaced. They have a new flower show team, let's see if they can swing it around and make it the premier flower show in this country that it used to be.

Reply to
Ann

"Robin" wrote

I've never been to the New England Show. I went to the Philly show last year with their Latin/Tropical theme. I was very disappointed. I would imagine the majority of guests live from DC to CT and the Jersey Shore to Ohio. And they'd be more interested in shows from which you can take home ideas and use. I wanted to see plants and landscapes for zones7 and north. That's not what I got. I was less than thrilled.

Bonnie

Reply to
BonnieJean

snipped-for-privacy@nysernet.org (Robin) expounded:

Oh, sorry, forgot to add....the best time to go is during the day, and the best day to go is the Monday after it opens. I work, so I usually go there around 4:30, which is a great time, many people are leaving to go home for supper and the later crowd isn't there yet. Plus, everything is nice and fresh still. Then, go back on the last Sunday when everything in the vendor area is on sale!

Reply to
Ann