NEIGHBORS STEREO destroys serenty of the garden

Page 3 of 4
Susan Feader wrote:

then I couldn't hear the birds and waterfall....which is one of the reasons I didn't want to hear the music to begin with. I DID hear a rumor yesterday that my noisey neighbor MIGHT be moving this summer...........but then I don't put much stock in rumors and the ones I really want to come true are usually just that, rumors <G>
oh.........by the way, the last minute question I put on my original post..............regarding leyland cypress...........seems I am the culpret, indirectly any way.........I sprayed a product called TREE GUARD to try to stop the deer from eating what little there was left that they already hadn't.....now every leyland cypress I had sprayed is turning light green, the leaves are curling and dry parts are crumbling to the touch. I couldn't have mixed it incorrectly as the instructions said to use it right from the $40/gallon container. Arborvitae are all fine but a blue star juniper is showing the same condition. The side of the leyland cypresses that faces another neighbor is fine ( I ran out of TREE GUARD and had to use Hinder on that side.....no damage at all there)
Btw, the deer LOVED the tasted of Tree Guard. I resorted to fencing the yard in with 7' plastic netting and thus far no more deer have gotten into the yard.
Thanks for all the responses to my problem with my noisey neighbor.....most of which I cannot use as someone has to be OUT of Jail to hybridize the daylilies <BG>. Besides, when I lived in an apartment for 15 years, i used most of those methods and found one-upmanship doesn't work, there are always bigger speakers and stupider people to silence, <G>.
I am sure something will work out rich
Talk with your neighbors and work out your differences. Most people will adjust.
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:13:22 +0000, Rich wrote:

There is the urban version of shoot shovel and shut up, perhaps a little creative vandalism is in order although I would consider it a last resort as you don't want to start a war. What worked for me was to play the same music delayed a bit. Or in the case of radio to tune a little off the station and send some noise on back. Perhaps deer can be trained to eat speaker wires.
On the topic of deer they will not walk on chicken wire. It goes up between their toes and they do not like it at all.
You think that's bad....Imagine hearing Mexican polka ALL weekend, sometimes ALL night, LOL! We have 11 acres and live in the middle of them. On one side (about 5 acres away from our house) we have Hispanic neighbors that have 7 mobiles homes set up behind their own home. As soon as the weekend hits, you hear the base boom boom boom of Mexican Polka...ALL DAY LONG! My solution.....I haul my speakers outside and throw some Pink Floyd on and turn up the volume as high as it'll go! Usually they get the hint and turn theirs down a bit:)
If it bothers you too much, get yourself a walkman and some nature tapes:)
Happy Gardening:) Angie

LOL Shine on you Crazy Diamond.....................................<GBSEG> madgardener

    I live next to a railroad track. Though it is amazingly loud I quickly got used to it. However when the neighbors crank their stereo it drives me crazy. I think it's because the train is just noise while music has content that demands my minds attention. So the music is a distraction that interferes with my own thoughts (which might even be musical). So my opinion of people who are so selfish and self centered as to play their music so that the neighbors can hear is not charitable.

That reminds me. I grew up next to the fire department. I find it strange the way people react to a siren or fire truck.
You basicly have 4 choices: 1: put up with it and hope they move soon 2: call the police and report noise pollution, and hope they'll do something about it. The police are usually reluctant to get involved with that they percieve as neighboorhood feuds. 3: legal action? 4: fight fire with fire. People who like the beetles, probably don't like garth brooks. Play that equally loud :)
Sameer
What happened to
5. Talk to your neighbor like a reasonable adult?
Dave

The original poster said already they attempted that, and failed.
Sameer
Snooze wrote:

long as it was not at night. That sort of takes the fun out of weeding and listening to the birds and feeling the sunlight <BG>
rich (the original poster)
Oh ok, my fault for not paying attention. If it were me, I would speak to him one more time, and clearly, firmly, but in a non-hostile way spell out that he has forced an escalation. Tell him you don't *want* to get the authorities involved, that you'd much rather come to a mutually agreeable arrangement.
Dave

Like, maybe, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and half of Sunday, you can play music. The other days I can garden in peace :-)

Having been there and tried that with two former neighbors, I can attest that it only works if the neighbor IS a reasonable adult.
You can try, but if you have any suspicions about a negative reaction then I would not personally attempt it. But then, I'm a bit gun shy after my former experiences.

I don't know what is wrong with people these days. Is it getting worse and worse? I mean, America and American people seem to be civilized, but in a barbaric way. Isn't anyone left who actually has respect for others' wishes or anyone left with a modicum of decency? Boggling.

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:15:11 GMT, escapee

Well I'm 52, always been fat, so it's rare that I come across people who *are* decent, mature, and considerate ;-) For the most part though, there have always been people who are nice, some who are jerks, obnoxious, and then dangerous. Always have been, always will be. There are just more people now, and the more crowded together they get, the worse they behave it seems. They don't talk with one another except to shout epithets at one another in some ways, and when they go out on the street, it's like everyone is trying to "get over" on one another. What I've seen from the current generation .. they're trying to emulate the ugly inner city world of drug culture and violence where the life expectancy isn't very long. The (C)RAP craze just spreads the hate. I guess there is some RAP that isn't 100% negative, but I've not heard much of it playing whenever I do hear it, it's not anything nice. LOL
So, nope not a lot of folks who aren't hostile, and since they won't calm down and talk, just continue to make the USA the most litigious country around! ;-)
Janice

I despise lawyers, so if the OP (Rich?) doesn't go the magistrate route (which shouldn't require any lawyers per so), and if he's upwind, an alternative would be to start gardening with chicken shiiiii ... "manure". But this will pretty much put the ix-nay on any hot bikini girls celebrating in the area.
Salty Thumb wrote:

Well, my neightbor directly next door IS an ex model and DOES sometimes sunbathe.........I wouldn't want to offend her bathing sessions <BG>
Rich

Man, some people have all the luck. ;-)
opined:

That's a shame, really.
I watched my neighbor come home tonight at 6:30. Her husband had been home since about 4pm. Yet, she had her 4 year old in tow. In other words, that kid was in daycare since 6:15am this morning, till 6:30pm. I guess it's easier when they say, "oh, she isn't in daycare, she goes to Montessori.