Neighbor never has good tomatoes and it's his own fault

My next door neighbor never has good tomatoes and each year he complains : I'm never going to buy my plants there again! LOL He don't fertilize his soil at all, he don't water them at all and he plants them right next to his asparagus bed that he dumps 20 pounds of rock salt on each year. An area of about four by four foot. Every year I have been getting nice crops of tomatoes and offering him some. This year I also have a nice crop but guess what? No tomatoes for him this year! I grew all my plants from seed indoors under grow lights before setting them in the garden. I gave both of my next door neighbors eight tomato plants, two cantaloupe plants and a purple cauliflower plant. All our plants are doing fine except for the one neighbor who don't take care of his. He won't have any excuse this year because all our plants came from the same seed and he won't be getting any of my fruit either since he neglected to care for his sorry looking plants! He says: I just stick them in the ground and let them do whatever they want to do! Oh, no more plants for him either come next season. I work too hard raising them from seed just to watch them die a slow death in his yard!

Rich from PA

Reply to
EVP MAN

In news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net, EVP MAN spewed forth:

Best be careful, he might get Obama to make you share your fruits of labor with him anyway

Reply to
ChairMan

Ha, ha. Glad to know that the self imposed, simple minded are still with us. It makes us look good to have plenty of posts, even if they are from those who enjoy the WWF (World Wrestling Federation). He-haw.

Reply to
Billy

In news: snipped-for-privacy@c-61-68-245-199.per.connect.net.au, Billy spewed forth:

Glad to see that the party of tolerance still has no sense of humor or tolerance of other opinion. Keep drinkin the koolaid, comrade

Reply to
ChairMan

Why on earth (no pun intended) would he do that?

gloria p

Reply to
gloria.p

Seems a lot of folks dump rock salt on their asparagus beds to kill off all the weeds. Asparagus is salt tolerant but the weeds aren't.

Rich

Reply to
EVP MAN