Need to identify grass used in playgrounds

I live in New Jersey. Most playgrounds here are seeded with some sort of very hardy grass that has a wider blade than the common grasses they sell for home lawn seedeing. Does anyone know what the name of this grass type is? Thanks Roger

Why not call the parks and recreation department, school board, or other agency that actually planted the grass in question and ask them?

Because when you start calling, these officials get suspicious. It's all about contracts and who has what in whose pocket. One thing that works is calling the landscaping company that has the contract.
I use Scott's high traffic grass around the playground on my property and it works great. This stuff is a combo of 4 different grasses. Very hardy.

That seem really paranoid to me, and to get the name of the company you would have to deal with the agency anyway.

Probably 'K31', an industry standard for sports fields and playgrounds.
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com