Need suggestions!

I'm writing up a little garden newsletter for friends and fellow Master Gardeners. I need a nice catchy name for it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
FragileHuckleberry

The message from FragileHuckleberry Gardeners. I need a nice catchy name for it. Does anyone have any

Bugs and suckers Sacks, flies and viburnum tinus Rock and Mole

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

"FragileHuckleberry" Gardeners. I need a nice catchy name for it. Does anyone have any

Does it have to be about gardening?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Janet Baraclough wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk:

Having some gardening problems, eh? :)

Reply to
FragileHuckleberryHound

The com-POST

Flax Fax

Scoop

Prunings

germiNational Review

The (6-8 hours of) Sun

Lawn Yawn

The Constitution (with the first 10 Soil Amendments)

Out on a Limb

Hey! Leaf Through THIS!

Stems and Seeds

Carl

to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote in news:N84Jh.6812$M65.60 @newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

Just the Flax, Ma'am :)

Scoop and Poop -- no, wait....

Oh, dear. That sounds like something it might get called if it's not good.

I like this one.

And use a funny little leaf for my logo? :)

Thanks for the ideas.

Reply to
PerfectlyFragileWarrior

In article , PerfectlyFragileWarrior Master

Garden Stories Plant Life Green Growth Garden Change·ling

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

William Wagner wrote in news:not-to- snipped-for-privacy@sn-indi.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net:

That made me think of "Green Grow The Garden, O". Is that a line from a song or am I mangling it?

Thanks, Bill.

Reply to
PerfectlyFragileWarrior

Perhaps this is close?

The Enchanted Gypsy Song

Donovan Artist

A Gift From A Flower To A Garden Album

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

William Wagner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@sn-indi.vsrv-sjc.supern ews.net:

I don't think so. For some reason I have memories of church camp and a rollicking chorus of the song sung around a campfire. I think the right phrasing might be, "Green Grow The Rushes, O".

Reply to
FragileWarrior

The message from PerfectlyFragileWarrior

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

FragileHuckleberry Gardeners. I need a nice catchy name for it. Does anyone have any

F'loon Rid (might be more appropriate for a pesticide newsletter) Monthly Manure Compost Countdown Garden Gossip Weed Wackin'

10-10-10 The Planting Place Dig A Hole Sun 'n Shade Poison Ivy Tree Rat Roundup

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

"FragileHuckleberry" Gardeners. I need a nice catchy name for it. Does anyone have any

"Stuff You Can Find In Your Library If You Get Off Your Butt"

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in news:Xns98F19FACA51B4zjlzzjkvjzklzjkljxkl@69.28.186.121:

My logo can be D'argo with his tail cocked...

What's the three number mix that's supposed to be the best fertilizer? It's not 10-10-10, is it?

Going in the hole to print it maybe.

I'm not even going to ask what a tree rat is.

Thanks, Michael. :*

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C21B1636.66B96% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On Mar 11, 3:14 pm, FragileHuckleberry Gardeners. I need a nice catchy name for it. Does anyone have any

Green Thoughts Snail Mail Over the Garden Gate

All the Dirt (from Terre Hurte)

Green Thumbs Garden Gleanings

The Handsome Rake and the Hoe Um, maybe not this one LOL

Emilie

Reply to
mleblanca

FragileWarrior > 10-10-10

The numbers indicate nitrogen, phosphate and potash. It's not necessarily the best fertilizer. IIRC it's a fairly common mix for gardens and lawns. You can have your soil tested to see which mix is best for the lawn and garden.

This from -

Calculating Nutrient Content To calculate the pounds of nitrogen in a 50-lb bag of 10-10-10 fertilizer, multiply 50 by 0.10. Do the same for calculating the amounts of phosphate and potash. A 50-lb bag of 10-10-10 contains a total of 15 lbs of nutrients: 5 lbs nitrogen, 5 lbs phosphate and 5 lbs potash. The remaining weight is filler, usually sand or granular limestone. Another example:

50-lb. bag of 8-0-24 fertilizer To calculate the pounds of nitrogen: Multiply 50 by .08, which equals 4. To calculate the pounds of phosphate: There is no phosphate in this bag of fertilizer. To calculate the pounds of potash: Multiply 50 by .24, which equals 12. A 50 pound bag of 8-0-24 fertilizer contains a total of 16 lbs of nutrients: 4 lbs nitrogen, 0 lbs phosphate, and 12 lbs potash. This would leave us with 34 lbs of filler.

Here in St. Louis it refers to those pesky, ballsey squirrels. Chubs and Slick are back again this year. Chubs eats all the corn and slick steals it from him whenever he gets a chance.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan