Need some info

Hi, I'd like to know when is the right time to transplant lilly of the valleys and tiger lillies? The LOV have already bloomed....the tiger lillies haven't... Also, I have black eyed susan seed heads from last fall. I gather the seeds are in the head, if I plant them this year, will they grow or will I have to wait for them till next spring? Any info is greatly appreciated. CG in NY near Buffalo(I think zone 5 or 6?)

Reply to
Gntry

Both are very tough plants and can be transplanted anytime. I have transplanted the daylilies anytime from early spring to late fall. When transplanted in the spring, they didn't miss a beat, blooming as expected. I prefer to move LOV after they bloom as they can go dormant in the heat of summer and it is harder to locate them.

Reply to
Vox Humana