Need opinions about tomato plants

Chuckie You know CV if you don't have something nice to say than don'

say it at ALL. Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5

can we please stop the name calling and everything else that is bein said that isnt nice and just answer whitewaters question i mean afte all isnt that what this group is all about not the fighting, arguing name calling etc. but gardeners sharing their knowledge with eac other.

we have grown early girl and better boy as well as bonnie best and bee steak tomoatoes and have found them to be nice for eating, cooking canning or in salads. hope this helps u some. tc and good luck with your tomatoes.

sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Can't we all just get along?

No way.

The problem with Chuckwalla is that he really has nothing at all to add to the conversation.

He doesn't even know which variety of tomato is the best for throwing.

Personally, I prefer the beefsteak type. They are big and meaty and will definitely leave a mark!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Dear Cereus-validus-........... Please excuse my involment in this matter. You are right I have never most of these tomato types. I have more experience with other kinds of tomatos. I do thank you for informing me of my errors. I commend you on your great knowledge of horticulture and I can only hope that on day I will posess a tiny bit of the knowledge you have. We in the garden community could use more people like yourself to clear up the myths that are often beleived to be true. Thank you Chuckie in the Thawing North, Zone 5

Reply to
Chuckie

Dear Cereus-validus-........... Please excuse my involment in this matter. You are right I have never grown most of these tomato types. I have more experience with other kinds of tomatos. I do thank you for informing me of my errors. I commend you on your great knowledge of horticulture and I can only hope that on day I will posess a tiny bit of the knowledge you have. We in the garden community could use more people like yourself to clear

up the myths that are often beleived to be true. Thank you Chuckie in the Thawing North, Zone 5

Reply to
Chuckie

Its obvious you have nothing better to do up there in Canuckleheadland while you are snowed in for the winter than to get on the internet with your only friend the puter and be completely obnoxious.

Its a shame you can't even do anything useful like go out to your local pub and chug gallons of moosehead until you pass out or puke (or both).

What kind of gardening can you dudes up in the arctic north anyway? The unfrozen season isn't long enough to grow most crops. You only get to thaw out long enough to know you've gotten frostbite.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Chuckie

Not likely Chuckie. Not without someone removing his vocal cords. Murri

Reply to
Lady Blacksword

I prefer frozen. Murri

Reply to
Lady Blacksword

Yer trippin', Dude.

Why would someone need vocal cords to type on a puter keyboard?

Those voices you hear must all be in your head.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

How does one get the Internet without a "puter"?

Reply to
higgledy

Don't get me started about those losers who use that "WebTV" nonsense. There may still be a few die harders out there trying to surf the net with a play station trying to pass as a puter!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Please do not feed the Trolls

Reply to
Chuckie

Cereus-validus-...........Yer trippin', Dude.

Why would someone need vocal cords to type on a puter keyboard?

Those voices you hear must all be in your head.

in answer to your question CV the person would need vocal chord because they are either parapalegic and unable to type at all and ca use a vocalization program in order to put things onto the computer o they lost their voice but can still use the computer to do the work fo them by using the movement of their vocal cords along with specialize equipment to be able to put a message onto the computer. hope thi helps u some. cyaaa sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Sorry Cactus-Head, WebTV and Playstation are both Intel-based "puters" Try again.

Reply to
higgledy

If we do that you will starve to nothingness, Chuckles.

Just how do you manage to type with your hairy troll feet anyway?

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Somebody actually has the guile to defend WebTV!!!

Its yet another sign of the impending apocalypse!!!

As if giving away the control of our major ports to terrorists and the VP shooting one of his lobbyist supporters in the face isn't bizarre enough. What nutty things will the Dubya administration do next month?

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

I am a lurker here I don't usally come out and say anything but this continual degrading of people is dumb. THIS IS A GARDENING GROUP!!!!!! It does not matter what chuckie uses to access the internet. He probibly uses a computer to access the internet and he sounds like a very knowledgeable gardener. Leave him alone and go on wtih your life.

Reply to
lurker

Coming from a lurker like you who never participates in any discussion, that advice is really good for nothing.

Keep up doing what you do best and don't get back to us. You would be much happier hanging out at a beer garden.

We don't want to know how you can type with your elbows.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

"X-No-Archive:yes" Please do not involve yourself in this lurker you will only come away upset and you will find that your efforts will not have been worth your while. Thank though for trying to help. Chuckie

Reply to
Chuckie

Thanks to those who posted opinions about various types of tomato plants. I found some good information about the First Prize and Heartland varieties, and I'm giving those a try, along with four or five others (including some that were suggested here). Hopefully this will be a productive year -- my backyard prouced more than 1,000 tomatoes a few years ago, and I'd love to match or come close to that this year.

If any of you have the space to grow more than you need, please don't hesitate to give your surplus to your local food pantry. It's a great project, and there are plenty of people in need.

Thanks again to those who offered kind replies and suggestions.

Reply to
whitewater262