Need help finding a pepper plant

Back when I was a child, maybe 40 years ago, my grandmother used to plant these large peppers in her backyard garden, for fresh eating and canning. I've been trying to locate a pepper like this for many years but have had no luck - she used heirloom saved seed from the 'old country', and alas they no longer exist. These particular peppers were something like very large Hungarian wax peppers, between 6 - 8 inches long and perhaps 3 - 4 inches wide at the base. They were thick walled, fleshy, and had either a yellowish or cream color, with some red showing at the base. These peppers grew crookedly but did taper to a blunt point, and were hot. From what I remember of the plants themselves, they grew perhaps 2 feet tall, and like hot weather. In the past 3 decades, I've never yet come across any pepper quite like this one.

If you have any ideas as to where I might locate seed, or perhaps have a name for them, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks. Greysky

Reply to
greysky