Need help!

In our garden there's a bleak wall I'd like to cover up by planting a climber. It's in shade part of the day. Any suggestions? The climber can be planted directly into the soil of the flowerbed that's at the base. So I just literally need ideas of what to plant! Thank you :)
--
hollierose

"hollierose" co.uk> wrote

You are in the UK? is the wall part of the house or separate? Is it wood fencing, brick and mortar, or something elese? Makes a difference in what you may want to do. Some for example will damage a mortar add brick wall (or stone and mortar) but do well on wood fences.
cshenk;910268 Wrote: > "hollierose" co.uk wrote

> can

> wood

> what

> (or

Yes I am in the Uk. :) and It's wood, and it's part of my fence. Although me and my neighbour are right next to each other we don't share a fence so it wouldn't make any difference to him.
--
hollierose

hollierose;910238 Wrote: > In our garden there's a bleak wall I'd like to cover up by planting a > climber. It's in shade part of the day. Any suggestions? The climber can > be planted directly into the soil of the flowerbed that's at the base. > So I just literally need ideas of what to plant! Thank you :)
Assuming that ideally you would want an evergreen, I would suggest you plant Hydrangea seemannii, its a vigorous, evergreen, self clinging climbing hydrangea with large glossy attractive leaves and the usual creamy white, lace-cap like summer flowers and originates from Mexico but is quite hardy in the UK.
best wishes Lannerman
--
lannerman