need help

Trying to determine this flower (see link)...

know the picture is poor, but that's all I have. A girl I know has this imprint on a peice of clothing and I want to know anything (if there is anything) to know about about it.

Thanks, Kevin C

ps- yes, I am trying to win her. :)

Reply to
deduction

Possibly an orchid, Aristolochia, Iris, etc.

pic is awfully small!

I dunno

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

It's an orchid and I would go so far as to say it is a Cymbidium. There are thousands of different Cymbidium hybrids and the pattern on the lip can vary quite a bit. Here is a picture of one with a lip similar to the one in the small picture:

(orchid grower for over 30 years)

Reply to
Steve

Actually, I should have put up a link to one of my own pictures. This is a Cymbidium I bought in about 1975 for about $2. (I was a college student at the time and it was in my price range.) I think it was the first orchid that ever bloomed for me. I still have it:

Steve

Thanks everyone. You guys are very helpful!

Kevin.

:)

Reply to
deduction