need help

Trying to determine this flower (see link)...
http://www.kevincornwell.com/misc/flower.bmp
I know the picture is poor, but that's all I have. A girl I know has this imprint on a peice of clothing and I want to know anything (if there is anything) to know about about it.
Thanks, Kevin C
ps- yes, I am trying to win her. :)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

pic is awfully small!
I dunno
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

It's an orchid and I would go so far as to say it is a Cymbidium. There are thousands of different Cymbidium hybrids and the pattern on the lip can vary quite a bit. Here is a picture of one with a lip similar to the one in the small picture:
http://www.gradinamea.ro/admin/_files/newsannounce/orhidee_-_Cymbidium.jpg
Steve (orchid grower for over 30 years)
Steve wrote:

Actually, I should have put up a link to one of my own pictures. This is a Cymbidium I bought in about 1975 for about $2. (I was a college student at the time and it was in my price range.) I think it was the first orchid that ever bloomed for me. I still have it:
http://stevewilson.homestead.com/files/cympearlxredwood2.jpg
Steve
Thanks everyone. You guys are very helpful!
Kevin.
:)