need hand crank shredder for compost bin ...

I have a rotating compost bin that I feed vegetable scraps to every week. Problem some items: apple cores, egg shells, banana peels (IMO) need further chopping. It's pain to dump the items onto a chopping board and cut up with a knife then transfer to the bin.
So, does anyone know of or has built a hand-crank shredder? An idea I have is one based on the current paper shredders. It woould have larger circular cutting wheels with a larger spacing between the wheels for the kitchen scraps.
Anyone?
CompostJones Wrote:

Try using a "fruit shredder", this is a wine making device. Frogspaw
-- FROGSPAWN