Need Ground Cover Advice

I have a steep strip of land I need a ground cover for because I hate to mow it and the city code enforcement keep on warning me to cut it. I want some kind of nice ground cover that will look nice and will need little or no upkeep. The land gets full sun almost all day and I live in Port St. Lucie (Zone 9b). Please help.
Thanks
David

Kudzu? :)
<runs away from angry southern mob> Dan