NE Sources for Small/Bareroot Plants

I live in Massachusetts and am looking for NE sources for very small and/or bareroot plants. I would like to naturalize some of my shady, damp, zone 5 back yard, and, given the scope of the project, it would be more affordable if I can find some pretty small plants. I am interested in both local and mail-order nurseries. Thanks!
--
Jean B.

A plant native to your region that would be very happy in shady damp conditions would be bee balm - monarda. Anyone who has some in his/her yard will gladly give some away, because it spreads rather "generously".

gregpresley wrote:

Hehe. Well, I'm gonna have to be careful about that. Some spread is good, but I don't want something that will take over the universe!
--
Jean B.

Jean B. said:

Bluestone Perennials in Ohio ships small (and healthy) plants at reasonable prices. Highly recommended. Likely close enough for quick transit time to you.
http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/cgi-bin/bluestone.cgi/index.html

Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Thanks, Pat. I'll check out their holding. Gotta do it ere we get too many hot days.
--
Jean B.

reasonable prices.

If you are up to the trip, Bluestone has a huge clearance sale at their Madison, Ohio facility. (Madison is near the Pennsylvania line on Lake Erie.) It is held around the first weekend in June and they clear out their plants for a about $40/flat. You can go through all the production houses and pick what you want. The price was only $20/flat a few years ago, but even with the price increase it is a great deal.
Green Mountain transplants is excellent source .http://www.gmtransplants.com /
Gary

Gary and Karen Manning wrote:

Thanks! I'll check them out too.
--
Jean B.

I love BayState near Greenfield. I'll look up the exact address if you'd like.

Betsy wrote:

Sure! I'd appreciate that. I am planning on doing some genealogical stuff out in that area anyway, so I might just drop in there--that is, if they actually have a retail nursery.
--
Jean B.