navel oranges, out of season?

in the last to three months, I have had difficulty in buying navel oranges, you know small ones in the plastic bags. You can find the big puffy ones, but they lacked taste. Is a reason they are so scarce.? Thanks in advance, C. L.

Navels are a cool season crop. New crop will start in Dec. Try a grocery that imports from southern hemisphere. Valencia harvest is underway in the US right now. Time to enjoy some excellent orange juice :-)
--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

You can buy them now, but if we ate what was naturally available in our conditions, health would be better. I don't eat melon if it's out of season here. Many conditions like how much daylight etc effect how our bodies operate and I find for me, allergies are way down when I adhere to a diet of things which are available in my part of the world, at that time.
Now, if I could just eat LESS of it, I'd be in good shape.
:On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:05:37 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com opined: : :>in the last to three months, I have had difficulty in buying navel :>oranges, you know small ones in the plastic bags. You can find the :>big puffy ones, but they lacked taste. Is a reason they are so :>scarce.? Thanks in advance, C. L. : :You can buy them now, but if we ate what was naturally available in our :conditions, health would be better. I don't eat melon if it's out of season :here. Many conditions like how much daylight etc effect how our bodies operate :and I find for me, allergies are way down when I adhere to a diet of things :which are available in my part of the world, at that time.
    If I move from my home area, do I have to keep eating what is in season there or can I switch to what's available where I now live?
--
Wendy Chatley Green
snipped-for-privacy@cris.com

I did a google search and the sites I'm finding aren't helping me figure out what I should eat now in California. Any particular sites you can recommend?

No. Go to a farmers market.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

They're not in season; you'll find them in the stores at their best price in early winter.
Chris Owens