Mystery Plumeria

Mystery Plumeria started blooming indoors in my
home in Chicago on January 31, 2013.
You may ask why I call it *Mystery Plumeria*.
[image:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Hj_-GRbcGJg/URrc-VSyzfI/AAAAAAAAAV8/keu54qrxt28/s320/Mystery+Plumeria,+January+2013,+Chicago.jpg ]
Many times plumeria plants which for whatever reason couldn’t be listed by name were referred to as “UNK“, meaning unknown.
Reasons that plumeria plants cannot be listed by name include loss of name tags or they were bought color coded like the one plumeria plant shown in the picture.
I received this plumeria with other cuttings which were color coded. The cuttings originated in Central America and were given to me by my dear friend Bob Fisher who is an enthusiastic plumeria aficionado and has been growing plumerias for many years in Florida.
One plumeria grower wrote me that she prefers the term Mystery over UNK and I happily agreed.
Since this time I call any plumeria that is unidentifiable *Mystery Plumeria*.
Copyright © Bob Walsh 2013
--
BobWalsh

Add pictures here
âś–
I would love and admire the plant you have. I heard a lot variety of plumeria and many of them are unknown. Without DNA testing you cannot find what it is. If it is something that is truly new and unusual, then you try to register in PSA and submit the flower for review. Many times plumerias will self pollinate and the progeny will look very similar to the mother plant.
--
allen73

Add pictures here
âś–