mystery plant - ID please?

Greetings all:

I'm a beginner gardener in zone 5a, Nova Scotia, Canada. The plant in question was woody sprigs near a stump when we first moved into our house nearly two years ago, but nothing but greenery ever emerged, thought it was a tree of some sort. Had meant to yank it out, never got around to it. Then yesterday I noticed it has flowers.

The flowers are long clusters of blossoms; rather like a lilac, but the individual flowers are larger, droopy, and bright yellow. They're quite attractive, but I've never seen them before.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

KD

Reply to
KD

"KD" wrote in news:6tIqe.45417$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Possibly Laburnum? It's in bloom right now, yes?

Post pictures if you can to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Reply to
David Bockman

I've posted a photo in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

KD

Reply to
KD