Mystery Plant

Have been lurking here for ages and have picked up lots of helpful info - am hoping one of you will be able to help me identify a delightful mystery plant that bloomed in my garden this week. I've run it by a few gardening friends & googled myself silly, with no luck at all. It popped up in a well established perennial bed we lucked into when we bought our home in central Oregon. The blooms are knockouts, approx 2 1/2" across, on 12" stems. The blooms last only one day, which may be why I missed them last year. Would love to know what it is & have posted several photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oregonbearpair /
Thanks, Nancy T

Stewart Robert Hinsley

On Jul 26, 1:41?am, Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thank you so much! You can't imagine how many iris & lilies I've investigated in the last few days trying to put a name to this lovely treasure. Am betting that our home's previous owner ordered the corms from a catalogue. It's certainly not a common plant in my area and I could have spent years trying to pin it down without your help.
Thanks again, Nancy T