mystery house plant

Hi -

I've put a picture of a mystery house plant at:

am hoping someone can tell me what it is.

Opposite leaved vine with thick coriaceous leaves. Flowers - 5 parted pink and red in umbels.

Thanks.

--Kathy

kathy at the domain fred dot net

(mail at posting address not read)

Reply to
Kathy Bilton

Do not over-water. This is Hoya carnosa from Queensland -- [Wax plant] Over-watering causes the brown leaves that can be seen. Old overgrown specimens can be cut back but take ages recovering . Better replaced. Best Wishes news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Brian

Hoya Carnosa .. one common name .. wax plant

Reply to
Janice

Thanks for identification and watering tips, etc.

Since learning the name of the plant, I was looking around for some info on it - and found this page

which lists it as being native to:

  • ASIA-TEMPERATE China: China - Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Yunnan Eastern Asia: Japan - Kyushu, Ryukyu Islands; Taiwan * ASIA-TROPICAL Indian Subcontinent: India Indo-China: Vietnam Malesia: Malaysia