mystery house plant

Hi -
I've put a picture of a mystery house plant at:
http://www.bilton.us/plantfromhelen.jpg
and am hoping someone can tell me what it is.
Opposite leaved vine with thick coriaceous leaves. Flowers - 5 parted pink and red in umbels.
Thanks.
--Kathy
kathy at the domain fred dot net
(mail at posting address not read)
Hoya
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

On 9 Apr 2004 16:19:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@capaccess.org (Kathy Bilton) wrote:

Hoya Carnosa .. one common name .. wax plant

Thanks for identification and watering tips, etc.
Since learning the name of the plant, I was looking around for some info on it - and found this page http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?103205 which lists it as being native to:
* ASIA-TEMPERATE China: China - Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Yunnan Eastern Asia: Japan - Kyushu, Ryukyu Islands; Taiwan * ASIA-TROPICAL Indian Subcontinent: India Indo-China: Vietnam Malesia: Malaysia