Myrica pensylvanica

does anyone know where i might purchase a LIVE shrub of sweet bayberry? i live in northern new england (new hamster) and it'd be better if the nursery could be close, as oppose in nebraska or tennessee or something.

thanks, in advance.

Reply to
<bluesalyxx

Where in the Granite State are you? If you are in the southern parts, try Red Apple Barn (New Boston?), Uncanoonac Mountain (Goffstown), Mixed Border (Hollis) or Rolling Green (Greenland).

You might consider grabbing a copy of People, Places and Plants - the gardening magazine out of Maine. The garden center/nursery list is due in the next issue.

Cheryl (also in NH)

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

Fantastic magazine for those of us in the Northeast, and they have a mid-Atlantic edition that's quite good, too.

Real gardeners, real gardens, solid info about our region.

Reply to
Ann

I just wish the TV show was a bit better - but I am willing to give it time! Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

Yea, it's a bit amateurish, but I'll watch anything with Roger Swain. He's an awesome person, really nice, I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and even spent time with him walking through the Boston Flower show. Truly a gentleman, and a great gardener!

Reply to
Ann

Have you read his books - the natural history ones? Really interesting! Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

No, I haven't, I meant to, but I've got a 'to-read' list at least 10 miles long Someday........

Reply to
Ann