Myrica pensylvanica

does anyone know where i might purchase a LIVE shrub of sweet bayberry? i live in northern new england (new hamster) and it'd be better if the nursery could be close, as oppose in nebraska or tennessee or something.
thanks, in advance.
On 4/24/04 11:59 PM, in article BCB0B016.62CC% snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net,

Where in the Granite State are you? If you are in the southern parts, try Red Apple Barn (New Boston?), Uncanoonac Mountain (Goffstown), Mixed Border (Hollis) or Rolling Green (Greenland).
You might consider grabbing a copy of People, Places and Plants - the gardening magazine out of Maine. The garden center/nursery list is due in the next issue.
Cheryl (also in NH)

Fantastic magazine for those of us in the Northeast, and they have a mid-Atlantic edition that's quite good, too.
Real gardeners, real gardens, solid info about our region.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Cheryl

Yea, it's a bit amateurish, but I'll watch anything with Roger Swain. He's an awesome person, really nice, I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and even spent time with him walking through the Boston Flower show. Truly a gentleman, and a great gardener!
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Have you read his books - the natural history ones? Really interesting! Cheryl

No, I haven't, I meant to, but I've got a 'to-read' list at least 10 miles long <G> Someday........
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA