My weird bees

Hi All,
Just small talk.
I asked a farmer customer / friend of mine about my weird bees. I described their looks and how they moved at right angles. And how they darted at you.
He said they are called Mason Bees https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason_bee
And told me they were way better at pollinating than honey bees. And despite them trying to run you off their lunch, he has never heard of anyone being stung by one. Also they don't produce any honey and they have to be restarted every year in domestication.
-T
Todd said:

I'm partial to leaving bundles of cut bamboo stakes or just short bamboos stakes stuck here and there in the garden.
For ideas: http://www.foxleas.com/bee_house.htm
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
On 07/30/2014 06:46 AM, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Hi Pat,
Oh now I get it. Bamboo, like those bee tubes.
Thank you!
-T
On 07/30/2014 06:46 AM, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

A farmer customer/friend of mine told me this about his mason bees:
Drill 5/16" holes all the way through a 4" to 5" cedar block. Close off one side with a removable plank. At the end of the year, remove the plank and clean out the holes (they won't come back it the holes are not clean