My Poor Ficus

OK...
Had this ficus for a year. Have done great with it. Not a yellow leaf so far. one day last week, I woke up and found a couple yellow leaves. now, half the plant is yellow.
I called a local plant shop and they suggested it was because it was fall.
Anyone know if this is true?
I've had it for a year and it's done great. I didn't change anything in terms of care.
Thanks, J.
Yes it is true, Virginia.
Leaves fall in the autumn as the days get shorter.
People make an annual pilgrimage to New England every autumn just to see the leaves change colors and fall off the trees. Check it out.
Blame it on the vernal equinox and the creator.

"Cereus-validus......." wrote:

Wrong! Ficus is evergreen, not deciduous. In this case, the tree is stressed.

--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/

Ficus are very temperamental about light and temperature. So they are right. Lower light levels and room temp will cause this. Don't worry, new leaves will come back.
Tom
--
Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can

DemonSeedDiva wrote:

Is the tree outdoors or a house plant?
--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/

This about fall is a good joke, I have ficus benjamin and it is evergreen, sometimes few leaves fall off, but it is caused by the some stress, one my ficus benjamin had little fruits twice, also very interesting and decorative. No too much water, position- I have them all around living room, in shade, window, all are ok, also near tv and comp, no stress (2 meters high, dark green and healthy)