My new friend ...

... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day.

went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the long grass.

As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation, if you see some black pipe in the grass leave it alone and DON'T pick it up."

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

heh, i kept looking for the end and it kept on going and going and ...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Gack!!!!! That is a big one! I hate snakes in my garden. We had an Eastern Brown that was turned out to be about 50 inches long earlier in the year. I really hate Tigers and Browns, but can tolerate Red Bellied Blacks a tiny bit more.

Reply to
Farm1

Yep, dinner for four on that one.

I hate snakes in my garden. We had an

Agreed. This fella headed off as soon as I arrived, a brown would be just as likely to sit up and dare me to come closer. For the furriners, the Eastern Brown snake is a seriously dangerous snake as it combines highly toxic venom, the ability to deliver it and aggressive attitude.

David Hare-Scott

They are venomous but not particularly cantankerous.(I have pulled their tail to watch the expression on my offsiders face)

Reply to
F Murtz

No poisonous snakes in my part of the US but I often see black snakes as big as this. My wife is deathly afraid of all snakes so I relocate them in woods a block away across a road. Have caught a few in deer netting where they get so tangled up that I have to cut them free.

Reply to
Frank

This is not your US "black snake" but from Oz

an especially dangerous snake but a strike will put you in hospital feeling very ill while they give you antivenine. This is likely to spoil your day.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Given that Red bellied Blacks are venomous enough to kill your child, grandchild or dog, that would really spoil one's day.

Reply to
Farm1