My mushrooms are glowing in the dark ...

Does that mean that there is too much uranium in the ground ?

Reply to
Oliver Wen

And the anagram troll rolls on.

Reply to
timorous wraith

It all depends on which color they glow.

Bioluminescence has nothing to do with radioactivity.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

This is natural. It always interests Boy Scouts when they see fungi glowing in the woods. It is quite prevalent, at least here in Pennsylvania. In a fungi, it is to attract insects to spread the spores. Chemically it is the enzyme luciferase acting upon the compound luciferin to break it down and release the energy as one photon of light.

There is information on this at:

are also bioluminescent bacteria (Photobacterium), plants (dinoflagellates) and insects (fireflies).

Reply to
Stephen Henning

they could just be Jack o' lantern. I had a big flush out of a wood chip mulch, and with a new moon they were quite a sight

Reply to
simy1

"Oliver Wen" wrote in news:1134788612.466598.232170 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Glowing in the dark is not a problem. When they start growing legs and walking around, then you got problems.

Reply to
Yanni Appleseed

Come on guys you''re over anilizing they are just feeling festive it is christmas after all and they want to show their christmas spirit.

Co>"Oliver Wen" wrote in news:1134788612.466598.232170

Reply to
Michelle

No, too much LSD in your cocktail

Reply to