My Honeysuckle Vine Is Developing A Strange White Fluffy Coating

Do you know what this stuff is and what the bugs are and if I need to do something about it?

jim evans

Woolly aphids

David Hill

stuff, but the only good picture I've found so far is of a woolly alder aphid and this critter definitely is not one of these

's really too bad I can't get a larger shot of the little critter, but mine is fairly flat, not round bodied (cocklebur shaped) like the link above, and it doesn't have this long wiry hairlike stuff.

jim

Reply to
jim evans

Looks like cottony scale, although I've not known honeysuckle to be particularly troubled by this type of critter. Insecticidal soap or ultrafine horticultural oil are the recommended treatments.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal